Privacy & Terms
Green & Black’s online shop is operated by Hemingways Marketing Services Limited under Licence from Green & Black's.
CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE GREEN & BLACK'S WEBSITE
Your access to and use of the Green & Black's website - this site - is subject to the following terms and conditions which, by accessing and browsing this site, you accept without any limitation or qualiﬁcation.
The contents of this site is provided by Green & Black's. Whilst Green & Black's has endeavoured to ensure that all information on this site is correct, the contents of this site are provided to you "as is" without representation or warranty of any kind (express or implied) including, without limitation, any implied warranties of mechantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Green & Black's accepts no liability for any statement, inaccuracy or omission on this site. Green & Black's accepts no liability for any direct, special, indirect or consequential loss or damages of any kind resulting from the use of any information obtained directly or indirectly from this site or for any viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, downloading of or browsing in this site. All such liability is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. The information on this site is subject to change and may be amended or withdrawn at any time without notice. These Conditions of Use may be changed at any time without notice.
USE OF INFORMATION PROVIDED TO Green & Black's
All information collected by Green & Black's is stored and handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, especially the General Data Protection Regulation -Regulation (EU) 2016/679- "GDPR"). Detailed information on our data protection policies is given below on this page. Personal and financial information collected on this site is used for the sole purpose of processing and delivering your order. During checkout you will be asked to "opt in" to receive information from Green & Black's; Mondelēz International, and possibly other organisations and companies involved with, or relevant to, Green & Black's. Financial and payment details such as credit/debit card numbers are removed from our database immediately following payment. All information supplied in our 'feedback' form will be used solely for the purpose of responding to your query or suggestion.
Please note: Posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene or other inappropriate material is prohibited.
All material on this site is copyright © 2020 Green & Black's, except where specifically stated otherwise. Visitors may read, view, print and download one hard copy of the material for their personal, non-commercial use only.
Visitors may not copy, distribute, sell, publish, display, transmit, reproduce or decompile any part of the material by any means (electronic or not) or for any purpose include it in any derivative works.
TRADEMARKS AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Trademarks, service marks and logos displayed on this site belong to Mondelēz International. Nothing contained on this site should be construed as granting any licence to use any trademark, service mark of logo displayed on this site without the express written permission of Mondelēz International and/or Green & Black's
This site is controlled and operated by Green & Black's from its offices in the UK. Green & Black's makes no representation that material in the site is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent that local laws are applicable.
If for any reason any provision of these Conditions of Use are determined to be void or unenforceable, then to the extent and in the places only where such provision is determined to be void or unenforceable it shall be severed and the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
These terms and conditions and anything in this site shall be governed by English Law and all matters in connection with them shall be determined by the English Courts.
Green & Black's / Hemingway Marketing Services Limited
Green & Black's Privacy Notice
Green & Black’s online shop is operated by Hemingways Marketing Services Limited on behalf of Mondelez International
At Mondelēz International, we value your trust when sharing your personal data with us and recognise that you may be concerned about the information provided to us and about how we handle that information.
This Privacy Notice sets out (in full transparency and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, especially the General Data Protection Regulation -Regulation (EU) 2016/679- "GDPR"), the basis on which we process your Personal Data ("Personal Data") when you access our Sites or contact us.
High Level Overview
Hemingways Marketing Services, on behalf of Mondelēz International, collects and uses Personal Data which you provide or which we collect about you when you navigate through our Site for the purposes of advertising, supplying you with our products and services, making contact with you for marketing or other commercial purposes, answering your enquiries regarding our products, facilitating your participation in our offers and promotions, analysing and improving the quality of our products or services.
Your access to and use of our Sites is subject to the terms and conditions of our Privacy Notice and all applicable laws. Your Personal Data processing will be limited to what it is necessary in relation to the purposes given above. We will be collecting your expressed consent only where necessary by opt-ins so that you exert full control on the information we process and hold about you. Otherwise, we will only process your Personal Data if necessary for the performance of a contract with you, for compliance with a legal obligation of Mondelēz International or Hemingways Marketing Services and/or for the purposes of legitimate interests of Mondelēz International or Hemingways Marketing Services.
We only process your Personal Data in the European Union. You can seek for further information or exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation, objection, and data portability in respect of your Personal Data, by contacting our Data Protection Officers (please see contact details below).
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time by posting the updated version of the Privacy Notice on our Sites. We will inform of any material change so that you can fully understand the changes that are actually implemented. Please visit frequently this Privacy Notice to stay informed about how we use your personal data.
What Personal Data do we collect from you?
The type of information and Personal Data that we collect about you when you visit our Sites or interact with us may include the following:
Personal details provided by you - such as your name, postal address and other contact details, such as your telephone number and email address, your requests, any complaints you may have and any other data we receive if we communicate with you via email, online or via social media, and any other information you provide - for example, when you register with our Sites, sign up for our newsletters, participate in our offers and promotions, provide customer feedback, reply to surveys or purchase our products or services;
Payment information - including data to make purchases, such as your payment account details, credit card and debit card numbers, expiration date, delivery and billing addresses;
Account login information - including any information that is required for you to establish a user account, such as user name, password and security question and answer;
Information collected automatically – including information about your computer, IP address and browser, that we may collect, for example, when we use in our Sites our own cookies or cookies owned by 3rd parties, web beacons and similar technologies that collect information about your use of our Sites or about your interaction with us by emails. See our Cookies Policy for further information.
Why do we collect Personal Data?
We collect and use your Personal Data for the purposes below and on lawful basis. Please know that insofar we already hold information about you, we may use that information for the same purposes.
For legitimate commercial interests: we may use your Personal Data (both on an aggregated and on an individual basis), such as your contact details, your account and electronic identification data, information regarding your purchases, for the purpose of advertising and for analysing and improving the quality of our products or services, as well as to understand you as a customer.
This also means that we analyse the information that you provide to us together with your use of our Sites or of our products and services and we use all this information to improve the same and to give you a better user experience (for example, we analyse what web pages you visit, which products and services you use and like, how you use these products and services).
We may also use your Personal Data, for legitimate commercial interests such as, to generate aggregated statistics about the users of our products and services; to assist in security and fraud prevention; for system integrity purposes; to remind you by email of your abandoned online shopping or to send you an order confirmation; to facilitate our business operations, to operate company policies and procedures; to enable us to make corporate transactions, such as any merger, sale, reorganisation, transfer of Hemingways Marketing Services or Mondelēz International's assets or businesses acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar event; and for other legitimate business purposes permitted by applicable law, on which we would provide the relevant information at the time.
For the performance of the terms and conditions of a contract: to purchase our products or services or to develop a contest, competition or promotion in which you may have entered, to conduct the promotion and contact to you if you became a winner, to be able to answer to any information request performed using our Contact Us features.
We may also use your information based on your consent, where granted, for instance for marketing purposes and for tailoring our communications with you based on your profiles via email, SMS, other electronic means or otherwise. You can withdraw your consent any time; see "What rights do you have regarding the Personal Data we hold about you?"
To comply with our legal obligations, such as maintaining appropriate business records, handling complaints made to our customer solutions department, complying with lawful requests by public authorities and with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
How long do we retain your Personal Data?
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as it is necessary to satisfy the purpose for which it was provided by you or collected by us (for example, for the time necessary for us to answer queries or resolve problems).
We may therefore retain your Personal Data for a reasonable period after your last interaction with us. When the Personal Data that we collect is no longer required in this way, we will destroy or delete it in a secure manner. We may, instead of destroying or erasing your Personal Data, make it anonymous so that it cannot be associated with or tracked back to you. In certain cases, we may have legal or regulatory obligations that require us to retain specific records for a set period of time.
Who might we share your Personal Data with?
We may share your Personal Data with:
Mondelēz International entities. Your Personal Data could be shared between the responsible Mondelēz International companies that may use your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Notice.
Service Providers and Processors. We may engage third party vendors, agents, service providers, and affiliated entities to provide services to us on our behalf, such as support for the internal operations of our websites, Mobile Apps or online stores (including social media services providers, payment processors, brand activation agencies, data analytics providers and third parties we use for sending your orders to your home address, such as postal courier vendors) or for the technical processing (for example, hosting services or data storage) or for customer relationship management services, as well as related offline product or promotional support services, (for example, competitions, sweepstakes and contests organizers, winner draws providers, events management agencies, prize or compensation packages vendors) and, other related services. In providing their services, they may access, receive, maintain or otherwise process Personal Data on our behalf. Our contracts with these service providers do not permit use of your information for their own purposes, including their marketing purposes. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take commercially reasonable steps to require third parties to adequately safeguard your Personal Data and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
Partners. We may sometimes offer you a service or application in co-operation with partners (for example, co-sponsors or licensors, licensees or distributors of our branded products). We may therefore need to disclose your Personal Data to those partners. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take commercially reasonable steps to require third parties to adequately safeguard your Personal Data and only process it in accordance with our instructions or as co-controllers. In those cases in which the disclosure of your Personal Data with third partners takes place based on your consent or your request to do so, where relevant, we will clearly notify you of the sharing, and you will have the choice not to participate or to otherwise object to such sharing.
Third parties in case of legal requirement. We may also disclose your Personal Data if we believe we are required to do so by law, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes; when we believe necessary or appropriate to disclose Personal Data to law enforcement authorities, such as to investigate actual or suspected fraud or violations of law, breaches of security, or breaches of this Privacy Notice; to respond to any claims against us; and, to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Mondelēz International, our customers, or the public.
Third Parties in case of a corporate transaction. In addition, information about our customers, including Personal Data, may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale, reorganization, transfer of Mondelēz International and/or Hemingways Marketing Services assets or businesses, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar event.
International transfers of your Personal Data
We will normally process your Personal Data within the European Union. Notwithstanding this, the global nature of our business involves that your Personal Data may occasionally be disclosed to non- European entities of the Mondelēz International Group for which they have entered into a data transfer agreement regulating these cross-border transfers.
We also use some third party suppliers to help us provide business services. These third parties may have access to or merely host your Personal Data, but will always do so under our instructions and subject to a contractual relationship. When these third parties are located in territories (such as the USA) which may not offer an equivalent level of protection to privacy as that applicable within the EU, we will take all the necessary steps to verify that your Personal Data receives an adequate level of protection. This, either by entering into data transfer agreements or by ensuring that third parties are certified under appropriate data protection schemes (for example, EU-US Privacy Shield).
How do we ensure the security of your Personal Data?
We use a variety of physical, technical and administrative security standards, technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or damage to an appropriate level depending on the sensitivity of the information.
We take steps to limit access to your Personal Data to those persons who need to have access to it for one of the purposes listed in this Privacy Notice. Furthermore, we contractually ensure that any third party processing your Personal Data equally provide for confidentiality and integrity of your data in a secure way.
What rights do you have regarding the Personal Data we hold about you?
You have the following rights:
to restrict processing of your Personal Data where:
Alternatively, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory data protection authority.
If you have any question regarding the processing of your Personal Data, this Privacy Notice or if you wish to exercise any of the above mentioned rights, please contact us either you can send it by clicking in our Contact Us form or contacting our Data Protection Officer (please see contact details below). Whenever reasonably possible and required, we will strive to grant your rights within one month.
You may revoke your consent for receiving newsletter or marketing communications at any time, free of charge by following the instructions in any marketing communication or even now by contacting us at email@example.com.
Subsequently our Sites may contain links to third-party websites; if you follow these links, you will exit our websites and mobile applications. While these third-party websites are selected with care, Mondelēz International cannot accept liability for the use of your Personal Data by these organisations. For more information and details, please consult the Section Data Privacy Notices of third parties and the privacy statement of the website you are visiting (if such a statement is provided).
How do we process Children’s Personal Data?
In general terms, our Sites are not intended to be used by Children under 12 years old. Above that age, as we take the protection of children’s privacy seriously, we operate our Sites in compliance with all applicable law in each corresponding Jurisdiction. Any time children under the age of 16 years old or below, as per the appropriate applicable law for each Site, should have a parent/guardian’s consent before providing any Personal Data to us via the website. If we determine upon collection that a user is under said age and has not provided a parent/guardian’s consent before providing any Personal Data, we will not use or maintain his/her Personal Data without the parent/guardian’s consent. Without such consent, though, the child may not be able to participate in certain activities. However, in certain circumstances, we may maintain and use such information (in accordance with the rest of this Notice and applicable law) in order to notify and obtain consent from the parent/guardian and for certain safety, security, liability and other purposes permitted under applicable law. A parent/ guardian can review, remove, change or refuse further collection or use of their child’s Personal Data by contacting us by clicking in our Contact Us form or contacting our Data Protection Officer (please see contact details below), including child’s name, address and e-mail address.
Mondelēz International's Data Protection Officer
Mondelēz International has a Data Protection Officer ("DPO") who is responsible for the compliance with data protection law. You may contact Mondelēz International's Data Protection Officer or their office securely and confidentially at any time if you have questions, general concerns about the processing of your Personal Data, or any data protection issue.
You can contact the DPOs by emailing to MDLZDataProtectionOfficeMEU@mdlz.com
Hemingways Marketing Serices Data Protection Officer
Hemingways Marketing Services has a Data Protection Officer ("DPO") who is responsible for the compliance with data protection law. You may contact Hemingways Marketing Services's Dta Protection Officer or their office securely and confidentially at any time if you have questions, general concerns about the processing of your Personal Data, or any data protection issue.
You can contact the DPOs by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post: DPO, Green and Black's Online Shop, Hemingways, Metcalfe House, Kirkgate, Ripon. HG4 1PB. United Kingdom.
Summary Terms and Conditions:
UK, 18+ only. 00.01 27/09/21 – 23:59 04/10/21. Log onto your Instagram account, follow @greenandblacks and @melissa.hemsley then comment underneath @melissa.hemsley's Instagram Promotional Post of Organic September by tagging who you would like to share the hamper with and why and include the hashtag #greenandblacks to enter the Prize Draw. No purchase necessary. Prizes: 5 x Green & Blacks Hamper up to the value of £50. Internet access and Instagram account required. Max 1 entry and 1 Prize per person. Visit ZZZ for full T&Cs and Prize details. Promoter: Mondelez Europe Services GmbH – UK Branch with registered office at Cadbury House, Sanderson Road Uxbridge, UB8 1DH.
Full Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, its agents and anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
2. No purchase necessary; however, internet access and a valid Instagram account are required.
3. Promotion Period: Enter between 00.01 BST on the 27/09/2021 and 23:59 BST on the 04/10/21 inclusive.
4. To Enter: Log onto your Instagram account (or create one for free), follow @greenandblacks and @melissa.hemsley then comment underneath @melissa.hemsley's Instagram Promotional Post of Organic September by tagging who you would like to share the hamper with and why and include the hashtag #greenandblacks.
5. You must continue to follow @greenandblacks for a period of 4 weeks following the end of the Promotion Period in order to be contacted if you are selected as a winner.
6. Maximum of 1 entry is permitted per person during the Promotion Period. No person may win more than 1 Prize.
7. The Prizes: There will be a total of 5 winners. Each winner will win 1 x Green & Blacks Hamper up to the value of £50.
8. Further Prize Details and Conditions:
a. Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate Hamper: https://www.greenandblacks.co.uk/g-b-organic-chocolate-basket.html
9. Winner Selection: 5 winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. For your total confidence, the Prize draw will be conducted by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service, within 5 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
10. Winner Notification: Provisional winners will be contacted via the social media account used to enter within 5 working days of Winner Selection and will be asked to provide evidence of identity and eligibility. Please ensure that your Instagram privacy settings allow us to contact you directly. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners. If a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, we reserve the right to disqualify that entrant and award the Prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond. For the avoidance of doubt, it is the responsibility of the participant to check their direct inbox to ensure they are in receipt of promotional communication. The Promoter is not responsible for an entrant making a late claim on their win if this communication is missed for any reason.
11. Prize Acceptance: Winners will be notified within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize to arrange delivery of the Prize. In the unlikely event that a winner has not received communication to arrange their prize within 28 days of Prize Acceptance, the winners will have a further 28 days to inform the Promoter by emailing email@example.com. If a winner does not do so, the Promoter reserves the right to not reissue the Prize or limit its value at its sole discretion.
12. Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
a. are in breach of the Terms & Conditions;
b. contain any content that is offensive, harmful , objectionable or which is otherwise unsuitable for publication including with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, or which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner;
c. contains or refers to any unauthorised third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks;
d. promotes any political or religious agenda.
13. Provided no objection is received, the surname and county of the winners will be made available to anyone who requests them by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, within 3 months of the closing date. In the event they win, winners may request their surname and county are not published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced during Winner Notification. Without prejudice, the Promoter will provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority on reasonable request.
14. The Promoter may request that the winners participate in reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion. Participation is at the winner’s discretion and is not a condition of Prize Acceptance.
15. The Promoter seeks to run a fair and secure promotions and prevent abuse and cheating. If you enter in a way that is not consistent with these Terms & Conditions, your entries (and any of your associated aliases) will be disqualified, any Prize awarded may be void and recoverable, and the Promoter reserves the right to bar you from entering future promotions for a period of at least six months. For this reason, the Promoter reserves the right at any point to:
a. Verify the eligibility of entrants and/or provisional winners by requesting such information it consider reasonably necessary for this purpose. Entry or a Prize may be withheld unless and until verification is completed satisfactorily.
b. Disqualify entries that are not made directly by the individual entering the Promotion.
c. Disqualify entries made using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
d. Disqualify bulk entries from individuals, trade, consumer groups or third parties, incomplete entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means.
e. Disqualify entries beyond the maximum allowed, or those using techniques such as ‘script’, ‘brute force’, multiple SIM cards for Text entries, masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using aliases or identities other than their own or any other means.
f. Disqualify entries which, in some other way, do not fully meet the requirements of these Terms & Conditions.
16. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason any element of a Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion to substitute that element for another of equal or greater value.
17. If the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions, or invalidate any affected entries and/or to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion.
18. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter does not guarantee continuous or secure access to Instagram.
19. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Instagram, and Instagram is not responsible for any element of this Promotion.
20. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the/a Prize(s), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude the Promotor’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
21. The Promoter will not be liable for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations for reasons beyond its reasonable control arising from but not limited to Acts of God, global or regional epidemic or pandemic, malware incident, adverse weather conditions, fire, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, plague or other natural calamities, or any other circumstances of the Promoter.
22. The Promoter shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and any successor legislation or other applicable law. The personal information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this promotion and in accordance with the Promoters’ Data Privacy Notice which can be found at www.cadbury.co.uk/privacy. The Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion (including any relevant promotional activity) or communicating with entrants.
23. If any part/s of these Terms & Conditions are legally ruled to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remainder will not be affected and will continue in full force and effect.
24. By entering, you will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
25. If there is a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and those in any promotional material, these Terms & Conditions will prevail.
26. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Mondelez Europe Services GmbH – UK Branch with registered office at Cadbury House, Sanderson Road Uxbridge, UB8 1DH.